Am I Ready to Start Interviewing?
It's not a yes/no question
This is such a common question. The problem is it's not actually a yes/no question.
Someone who has done little prep could get lucky: they could get an interview that perfectly matches things they already know or the few things they studied. Conversely, someone who has done a ton of prep might get very unlucky or have a bad day.
When in doubt, interview
If you even feel remotely prepared, go for it . What the worst that could happen? You don't get the job. In that case:
- You've gained some great experience
- You can likely apply to the same company again in 6 to 12 months
- You get over your fear of failure (if that's something you experience)
When in doubt, do the interview!
💌 Subscribe to the newsletter!
I'm beyond excited to announce the launch of the InterviewGuide.dev Newsletter. In this free newsletter, I'll be sharing:
- Additional interview tips
- Curated jobs + other opportunities to land tech jobs
- Ways to get feedback from me directly
No spam. Unsubscribe any time. Sound good?